Stephens Family YMCA Policies:
- YMCA Member ID must be scanned or Photo ID is required for entry.
- All members and guest members using the facility will have their information entered into our membership system and their picture will be taken. This is for the safety of our members, guest members, staff and our youth in the facility
- The YMCA is a smoke-free facility/ in and around property.
- The YMCA does not allow cell phone or camera photos to be taken in any locker room.
- The YMCA is not responsible or liable for articles lost, damaged or stolen. Lost and Found is located near the maintenance office.
- The YMCA does not provide accident insurance for members or program participants. Each person participates at his/her own risk.
- Areas of the YMCA facility may be reserved or for adult use only. Please check with the Member Service Desk.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in locker rooms, gyms, pools or activity areas.
- Children under the age of 14 may not be upstairs. Children 12-14 may be upstairs if accompanied by a parent or trainer.
- We accept cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express and personal checks as forms of payment.
- The YMCA does NOT issue any type of membership refund.
- Private and Semi Private Swim Lessons expire 1 year from purchase date, no refunds.
- Membership fees are NOT contingent upon facility usage.
- Any credits owed to the member at the time of termination will be applied to accrued debt.
- Any balance due at time of termination must be paid.
- There is a $2 charge for replacement ID cards.
- Free App for your Smartphone- Stephens Family YMCA, you can upload your barcode there.
- Any changes to membership must be completed and turned in by the 13th of the month in order to put your membership on Hold or Terminate the draft for the 14th.
- Guest Passes: policies and useage subject to change at any time, authorized by administration.
- By participating in the YMCA Nationwide Program, I agree to release National Council of Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America, and its independent and autonomous member associations in the United States and Puerto Rico, from claims of negligence for bodily injury or death in connection with the use of YMCA facilities, and from any liability for other claims, including loss of property, to the fullest extent of the law.
- Annual building closure 1 week in August. Our 2019 building closure date is August 17th-25th.
I understand that the YMCA assumes no responsibility for injuries or illnesses which I or any member of my family may sustain as a result of my physical condition or resulting from my participation in any athletic activities, sports programs, the use of any equipment, exercise, or any other activities or programs. I expressly acknowledge that I assume the rish for any and all injuries and illnesses, which may result from my or my family's participation in these activities. I hereby release and discharge the YMCA, its' agents, servants, and employees from any and all claims for injury, illnesses, death, loss, or damage which I or any member of my family may suffer as a result of my participation in these activities. I understand the YMCA is not responsible for personal property lost or stolen while members and/or guest members are using YMCA facilities or on YMCA premises. I give my permission to the YMCA to use, without limitation or obligation, photographs, film footage, or tape recordings, which may include my or my family's image(s) or voice(s) for purposes of promoting or interpreting YMCA programs.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE YMCA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF ITS STAFF MEMBERS DURING TIME PERIODS WHEN THE STAFF IS NOT PERFORMING DUTIES SPECIFICALLY FOR THE YMCA.
Program Participant Cancellation Policy
By the YMCA:
- Insufficient enrollment: Full refund
- Registration for a class is received in the mail after the class has been filled: Full refund
By the Participant:
- Cancellation by member occurs before the start of a program: Full refund
- Cancellation by member occurs after the start of a program session: No refund
• Supervised Play Area – For children 6 weeks to 9 years old We provide a safe, enjoyable place for children 6 weeks to 9 years old to spend time while parents are participating in YMCA activities.
- Tween Room - Children ages 7-9 who are checked into Child Watch may go to the Tween Room when available & if there are at least 5 children of age at a time.
- PLEASE NOTE your child(ren) must be checked into Child Watch to attend the Tween Room when available.
Child Watch Hours:
Mon - Fri 7:30-1:00pm & 3:30-8:00pm
Sat - 7:30am-4:00pm
Sun - 1:30pm-5:45pm
• While children are in Child Watch, parents/guardians may NOT leave the property.
• It is required that members who are under age 10, not in Child Watch and who use the YMCA’s building or grounds:
1) Be under the direct supervision of a Parent/Guardian or
2) Be registered and participating in a supervised YMCA program.
3) Children under 14 may NOT be in the gymnasium while group fitness is taking place. Children under 14 can NOT be upstairs waiting for an adult to complete class or workout.
- Children ages 10 and up are welcome to be in the lobby, basketball courts, swimming pool or the Y hangout.
- 14 years and older are allowed upstairs. 12-13 year olds can be upstairs with a parent/guardian.
The Y Hangout is open to all kids 10+ any time, we do provide supervision during the following hours:
The Stephens Family YMCA does NOT carry accident insurance on its members or participants. All expenses incurred in the treatment of injuries due to accidents or participation will bethe responsibility of the participant and his/her own insurance company.
Shirts, shorts/pants and closed-toed shoes are required during exercise in the workout areas and basketball courts. Shoes must be worn in all common areas, such as hallways. Proper swimming suits must be worn in the pools. Thong bathing suits and gym shorts are not proper attire. Street shoes are not permitted on the pool decks. No cut-out tank tops, exposing chest for males or short cropped sports bra/tops, exposing mid-section for females. Bottom of athletic top must meet the top of pants. Shorts must cover entire rear in all movable situations.All clothing must be worn appropriately. Members and guests who do not follow attire guidelines may be asked to change.
Along with its privileges, members, guests and program participants agree to abide by the rules, regulations and policies of the YMCA membership. Inappropriate language and behavior do not reflect YMCA philosophy and will not be tolerated. Please treat fellow members and staff with honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. Inappropriate or offensive language, behavior or attire is cause for suspension from the use of YMCA facilities or programs. Please report such behavior to a staff person immediately. The Stephens Family YMCA reserves the right to suspend or cancel a membership or guest member if their conduct is judged to be in conflict with the welfare of other members or staff, or in conflict with the YMCA’s values.
Occasionally, the YMCA takes photos of our program participants and members enjoying programs, special events or facilities. These photographs are for YMCA publications, brochures, advertisements or Web pages. Photographs are used at the discretion of the YMCA and become its sole property. By acceptance of membership or by registration in a program, members and guest members give their permission to the YMCA to use without limit and obligation, photographs, film footage or tape recordings, which may include their image or voice for purposes of promoting the YMCA. If you do not wish to have your photo used, please contact the Membership Director (217) 239-2815.
We welcome your suggestions and concerns. Please feel free to contact us by calling (217) 359-9622.